The Muddy Charles Pub has been present on the MIT campus since 1968, where it has welcomed everyone from Nobel Laureates to graduate students, played host to entrepreneurs and their start-ups, and enjoyed global exposure. Most of the patrons are MIT graduate students and prices are kept affordable for them.
Reminder: the Pub is only open to MIT affiliates. This includes friends, family, etc. of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Be sure to bring a MIT ID and a government-issued ID (21+ only).
- Follow the Muddy Charles on Twitter (@muddycharlespub), like our Facebook Page, and join the Muddy Charles’ Facebook group to receive updates on new beers, events, and more.
- Check out our updated Beverages section! Did you know you can find all these beers in the Pub!
- You want to learn how to run a Pub? You are interested in enhancing graduate student life on campus? You love the Muddy? Come join the Muddy Charles Board of Governors! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Muddy was recently featured in a Technology Review article!
- The Muddy has T-shirts available for sale, only $15, in both men’s and women’s styles. See them on display in the cabinet inside the front door.
- A Muddy Charles History project is currently underway. Alums and current members of the board are looking for past and present patrons to submit their stories/pictures to the online form. The book to be published will promote the importance that the pub has had to the MIT community for the last 40 years.
- Muddy Mondays — Interested in presenting your cultural group to a broad graduate student audience and promoting intercultural exchange? Join our Muddy Mondays Program!
- Weekly Wednesdays — Wings on the house (tip your bartender!)! Every Wednesday night! No strings attached!